Wrexham Glyndŵr University is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to the widest possible audience, including disabled users.
The University is in the process of ensuring its pages comply with the AA standard of the W3C recommended version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). The University acknowledges that this is an anticipatory and continuing work in progress and, in order to ensure no user is disadvantaged while this work is carried out, the University intends to respond to all requests for assistance with accessibility, by either altering the necessary content as soon as possible, or, if requested, by providing the information in an alternative format within a reasonable timeframe.
The University will make reasonable adjustments to ensure specific individual needs that cannot be addressed by mainstreamed adjustments are met. Contact email@example.com for help with this.
You can change the default settings in your browser to help with accessibility issues.
Changing settings in your browser
Changing text size
Using your browser controls, you can make the text on this website larger or smaller.
- Click 'View' to open the View menu, or press 'Alt' and 'V'.
- Select the 'Text Size' option or select by pressing 'X'.
- Choose your preferred text size using your mouse or use the up and down arrow keys.
- Click to select the text size or press 'Enter'.
- The text size should change to reflect your choice.
To change the Text Size of web pages you are viewing:
- Click the 'Customise and Control' spanner symbol in the top right hand corner (Alt + E).
- Select the Zoom + and - buttons to alter the text size (Ctr + + or CTr + -).
To change the Text Size of the web pages you are viewing:
- Open the 'View' menu with the mouse (or press Alt + V).
- Select Zoom and then use the Zoom in (Ctr + +) and Zoom out (Ctrl + -) controls to alter the text size.
You can select the 'Zoom text size only' option to change just the size of the text, whilst not altering other elements on the page.
- Click 'View' to open the View menu.
- Click on 'Make Text Bigger' or 'Make Text Smaller', or to use the keyboard shortcuts select ‘Apple’ and ‘+’ (plus) or ‘Apple’ and ‘-’ (minus).
- The text size on our site should change to reflect your choice.
To improve your experience on our website, you can also use our accessibility toolbar (provided by Recite Me) to change how our website is displayed. This toolbar provides many options including:
- Changing text size and fonts.
- Selecting alternative background and foreground colours.
- Translation of text into more than 100 languages.
- Text-to-speak functionality.
To access the toolbar, click the 'Accessibility' link at the top of any page by the search bar tool. The toolbar will appear at the top of the page. Any changes you make will remain as you navigate through the website. Please note, this toolbar only applies to pages contained within www.glyndwr.ac.uk.
This website uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to specify its style. If you are having difficulty reading the text on our website, it is possible to change the colours of the text and background by adjusting the browser settings.
Find out more about how to change text size and colours.