With Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s online accommodation application system, applying for accommodation is quick and easy.
Simply use the online system when applying for Wrexham Village accommodation.
Also, if you don’t want to commit to a 40-week contract, then we are happy to offer you a semester one contract so that you can see whether you like living on campus and have an option to extend or release at the end of the semester one contract.
For any enquiries please email email@example.com.
Our rooms are so popular that, unfortunately, not everyone who applies will get a place. We, therefore, work to a system that gives out rooms to those who need them the most. This means that priority is given to students who:
- Are in their first year of study.
- Are on a full-time course at Wrexham Glyndŵr University.
- Have never been to Wrexham Glyndŵr University before.
- Live too far away to be able to find private rented accommodation.
- Have particular social and/or physical needs.
Returning students may apply for university accommodation for any surplus rooms that may be available.
Paying for Your Accommodation
Paying Your Tenancy Deposit
When you accept your contract, you will be asked to pay a £250 tenancy deposit. The card details that are given to pay this will be used for the recurring card payment for your accommodation instalments. Your tenancy deposit will be returned to you providing that there are no outstanding sums due under your accommodation contract agreement.
Affordability and Cheaper Options
If you cannot afford the accommodation that we have offered, we will try to offer you cheaper, more basic accommodation. In order for us to be able to do this, you need to write to or email our Residential and Campus Life team explaining the circumstances, whilst providing as much detail as possible.
Disability and Special Requirements
Do you cater for those with disabilities and special requirements?
We will offer you your first choice of accommodation in halls if:
- You have a disability that affects your accommodation requirements.
- You complete the online application form by mid-June.
- You have indicated your medical condition or special requirement in the Personal Preferences section of the online application form.
- We will also guarantee you a place in halls for the duration of your studies, although we may need to see a medical certificate.
If you would prefer accommodation in the private sector, we may be able to get suitable landlord information. You can also get more information about this from Student Services.
- If you have firmly accepted the offer of a place on a Wrexham Glyndŵr University course and you need accommodation, you need to register an account on the online system and then complete the online application form.
- If you are a first-year undergraduate student and apply before the end of March you are guaranteed accommodation.
- If you are a new student with an unconditional or conditional offer, you need to complete the online application form by June for a guarantee of getting a room
- If you are successful, you will be sent an e-contract during the month of July. This must then be accepted within 14 days together with payment of £250.00 to confirm the room.
- The amount you need to pay for your accommodation fees will be displayed on the accepted contract page of your e-contract. (The accommodation fees can either be paid in one lump sum payment or 3 recurring card payments)
- Online application forms completed after mid-August will be considered for any rooms we have left in halls
- If you are a Clearing student complete an online application form ASAP
- If you have not been able to get a room in halls, we will help you find accommodation in the private sector
- If your place was conditional on results and you do not get the grades, you need to apply to us for a refund of the £250.00 deposit.
- An email will be sent out inviting students to complete the arrivals process (where you select an arrival timeslot) and online induction. This induction provides useful information about living in our accommodation.
- The licence period begins and students arrive at Wrexham Glyndŵr University. The Residential and Campus Life team will be here to welcome you and get you settled in.
- On arrival, you will be given a Residents’ Handbook
- If you are not happy in the allocated room we will accept requests for room moves/swaps and co-ordinate them if possible.