BA (Hons) Marketing & Business
- UCAS Code350T
- Year of entry 2022
- Duration 3 YRS (FT) 4 YRS (INDUSTRIAL PLACEMENT)
- UCAS Tariff 80-112
- Institution Code G53
- Location Wrexham
of the Business Graduates Association with access to a range of benefits including consultative services and the BGA eLearning hub
a level 5 CMI Diploma in leadership & management upon graduation
Why choose this course?
Our BA (Hons) in Marketing and Business prepares students for the challenges of the modern business world and strengthens and develops their broader personal and professional skills.
- Discover how and why do we choose the things that we buy and what influences people when they choose goods or services.
- Explore the latest scientific thinking in areas including consumer behaviour, decision-making and advertising.
Work-based learning is embedded into the programme, meaning that all graduates will be equipped with knowledge and skills to meet current and future market needs and be ‘work ready’.
Key course features
- Explores the latest scientific thinking in areas including consumer behaviour, decision-making and advertising.
- Involves work-based learning so that all graduates will be equipped with knowledge and skills to meet current and future market needs and be work-ready.
- Includes practical experience with an optional industrial placement in business to solve a genuine industry problem.
- Enjoy the North Wales Business School’s excellent links with a range of commercial research organisations that have worked with some of the largest brands in the world, including Tesco, Unilever, and Cadbury’s.
- Hear guest lectures delivered by a range of practitioners, allowing you the opportunity to develop your network of contacts.
What you will study
YEAR 1 (LEVEL 4)
- Introduction to Management & Business
- Introduction to Business Finance & Accounting
- Human Resource Management in Context
- Marketing Essentials
- Business Communication Skills
- Business Analytics
YEAR 2 (LEVEL 5)
- International Advertising & Branding
- International Business and Trade
- Entrepreneurship & Innovations
- Digital Business Strategy
- Customer Service Excellence
- Agile Leadership
- Optional Industrial Placement
YEAR 3 (LEVEL 6)
- Digital Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Marketing
- International HRM
- International Supply Chain Management
The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Entry requirements & applying
The academic requirements for the course are 80-112 UCAS tariff points at GCE A-level or equivalent, from a minimum of two A levels and GCSE Mathematics and English/Welsh (First Language) at Grade C/4 or equivalent. Appropriate AS-Level and Level 3 Key Skills qualifications will also be taken into account.
Teaching & Assessment
Students are assessed in a variety of ways over the course of their undergraduate studies. The balance between the different forms of assessment is determined by the different aims and learning outcomes of the core and option modules. Assessment methods include academic essays, presentations, reports, simulation exercises and examinations.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
Teaching methods include workshop-based core skills modules, lectures by practitioners, student-led seminars and guided research.
Independent learning is an important aspect of all modules, as it enables students to develop both their subject specific and key skills. Independent learning is promoted through the feedback given to students, which takes several forms including small group and one-to-one discussions.
Wrexham Glyndŵr University is committed to supporting our students to maximise their academic potential.
We offer workshops and support sessions in areas such as academic writing, effective note-making and preparing for assignments. Students can book appointments with academic skills tutors dedicated to helping deal with the practicalities of university work. Our student support section has more information on the help available.
In terms of particular needs, the University’s Inclusion Services can provide appropriate guidance and support should any students require reasonable adjustments to be made because of a recognised prevailing disability, medical condition, or specific learning difference.
Our Careers & Employability service is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
Marketing offers an extensive job market for qualified graduates who can think strategically, create relevancy and deliver measurable results. Possible careers include - Advertising Account Executive, Advertising Art Director, Digital Marketer, Market Researcher, Media Buyer, Social Media Manager, Social Media Manager.
Fees & funding
You do not have to pay your tuition fees upfront.
Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s tuition fees for 2022/23 for a full-time undergraduate degree course are £9000 per year.
The fees you pay and the support available will depend on a number of different factors. Full information can be found on our fees & finance pages. You will also find information about what your fees include in the FAQs.
Subject to validation
Courses shown as “subject to validation” are new courses which are in development and the details of these courses are in the process of being finalised through the approval cycle, known as the ‘validation’ process. As soon as the programmes are validated the details of the course will be confirmed. The majority of new courses that are still ‘subject to validation’ are approved by the validation process; however, this is not guaranteed and should the course not go ahead as planned, or be significantly amended, you will be informed by the university and assistance will be provided to those who have been offered a place to find a suitable alternative course either at Wrexham Glyndwr University or at another provider.
If you are applying as an European / International Student, and live outside of the UK, you should make your application through our online application system, Centurus.
For information about the university’s entry requirements for EU/international students, please visit our international section.