Aeronautical Mechanical Technology
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Our Summer School courses in Computing and Engineering give you the opportunity to experience academic subject study either as a continuation of your current studies or as preparation courses for joining the final year of our degree programmes. You will study a mixture of academic lectures, engaging study sessions, and English language classes.
- Study in the beautiful North Wales in the UK, and experience a taster of British university life on our vibrant Wrexham campus.
- Enjoy access to our modern, state-of-the-art learning facilities and our excellent student support services.
- Take part in our special social programme of events, where you can meet other international students from around the world and have the opportunity to improve your English language skills.
Key course features
- Worth a total 60 UK university credits.
- On completion of the top-up course, you will have the opportunity to go onto the final year of an Honours Bachelor degree programme and complete the degree in one year, including your summer school.
- Learn key knowledge and skills which will help to prepare you for academic study on the final year of your undergraduate degree course.
What you will study
The summer school offers an intensive programme of learning with a range of teaching supported by tutorials.
Having completed your year of study you will have the opportunity to undertake a Master's Degree in one year, completing two qualifications in just two years.
- ENG 575 Analytical Techniques (Engineering Maths) (10 Credits)
- ENG 501 Business and Management (10 Credits)
- ENG 504 Engineering Dynamics (10 Credits)
- ENG512 Control Engineering ( 10 Credits)
- English (20 credits)
Entry requirements & applying
If you would like to apply for this course, you can fill out our direct application form here.
Fees & fundingAll of our summer school courses cost £690 (including deposit) which will cover the cost of technical tuition and English language tuition.
International students coming to study on our Summer School courses can be provided with on-campus accommodation, or are allocated to university housing a short distance from the main campus. All university accommodation is single en-suite (private toilet and shower), and students will normally share a fully equipped kitchen designed for up to 6 people. Wrexham Village on the Wrexham campus is in close proximity to the library and other on-site learning facilities, as well as being a short distance away from Wrexham town centre itself. Wi-fi access is available across the entire campus and accommodation blocks are given 24-hour security protection.
For more information on the accommodation available at Wrexham Glyndŵr University, please visit our accommodation page, or contact our friendly accommodation team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01978 293344.
If you are applying as an European / International Student, and live outside of the UK, you should make your application through our online application system, Centurus.
For information about the university’s entry requirements for EU/international students, please visit our international section.