(Short Course) Avid Pro Tools- User Level Course
- Duration 12 Weeks
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
Are you interested in media production and looking to learn some new tech skills? This instructive course developed by Wrexham Glyndŵr University will teach you the ins and outs of the Avid Pro Tools software used for editing music and audio.
Key course features
- You will have the chance to achieve the Avid Certification, which is recognised worldwide and helps professionals to demonstrate the skills and credentials they will need to stand out in a highly competitive media industry.
- The course will cover the Avid Pro Tools ‘User’ Level Curriculum content for 101 and 100 qualifications.
- Learn about media production editing techniques and strategies for balancing and finalising sound.
- Understand the software and hardware concepts of using Avid Pro Tools.
What you will study
- This course will include the following general topics at an Avid Pro Tools Fundamental Level:
- Background: The History of Pro Tools and principles of Digital Audio
- Pro Tools hardware and software concepts
- Pro Tools Editing processes
- Pro Tools Recording processes
- Pro Tools MIDI
- Pro Tools Mixing processes
- Pro Tools Finalisation processes
- Industry workflows for Pro Tools
- Delivery will be via blended learning activities with a mixture of live sessions, recorded online content and some onsite attendance on campus.
- The course will run for 12 weeks, requiring approximately 3 hours per week of study with additional self-directed study.
Teaching & Assessment
- There will be a mandatory assessment of student learning in the form of a weekly Blog (guideline length of 300 words) and an online quiz.
- Completion of the Avid Certification will be optional, however if students decide to take it assessment will be in the form of a timed online exam which will be invigilated by our own Avid Certified Instructor.
Fees & funding
General fee: £195
Fee for WGU staff and students: £30
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form below to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
Starting: 2nd February 2023
Future course dates:
- 8th May 2023
You will need to log in weekly to access the course content and undergo your studies.
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course, register your interest.