(Short Course) Business Operations Management
- Duration 8 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Business operations management is a key skill and knowledge area in an era where organisations are undergoing big, complex and interdependent changes.
Key course features
- Learn business operations management skills and how to lead operations.
- Explore ways to help your business establish and grow its offer in competitive markets.
What you will study
The content for the course will be delivered over the course of 8 weeks and will broadly address the following:
- Introduction to Business Operations Management
- Process flow and capacity management
- Lean operations and quality control
- Supply chain management
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Tool kits and techniques for business operations planning
- Implementing a business operations plan prioritising human and material resources
- Adapting to evolving risks and opportunities
The delivery will include:
- 1 x recorded lecture per week
- Supporting signposts to learning material on Moodle, such as links to videos (e.g. TED talks), a Moodle book if appropriate and further reading
- Material to support the delivery of 6 x Asynchronous tutorials
- Delivery of 2 x 2hr Dialogic forums
This course offers a blended learning approach which combines the convenience of e-learning with the discussion and interaction of classroom training. The in person group sessions held on the Glyndwr campus are interactive forum with all students participating and sharing their knowledge and experiences. These sessions are designed to provide uncompromising, impactful and innovative collective learning. Students are supported to discover new insights and think differently about how to tackle emerging and enduring challenges relating to Business Operations Management.
The interactive session for the course will take place on Tuesday, September 14th 2021 from 6:00pm until 8:00pm. More information will be released shortly, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further queries.
Entry requirements & applying
To book visit the online shop.
Teaching & Assessment
Portfolio – Learning log and Journal.
Fees & funding