(Short Course) Canine Operational Support
- Year of entry 2022
- Duration 2 weeks
- Location Northop, Online
Why choose this course?
The popularity of search and rescue dogs is widely recorded and the demands of roles which support this are increasing. This course looks to offer those interested in working with operational dogs, but not necessarily those currently looking to become search dog handlers, an opportunity to complete some practical training.
Key course features
- Developed in conjunction with UK-K9 Training for Excellence
- Endorsed by NASDU (National Association of Security Dog Users)
- Blended online and face to face learning
What you will study
- Roles & Responsibilities in Canine Support
- Communication Methods
- Health, Safety & Legislation
- Canine Welfare & Management
- Equipment & Resources
- Navigation and Field craft
Entry requirements & applying
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
You will need to complete two assessments:
- The first will be a short quiz containing a series of multiple choice questions made available on our Virtual Learning Environment - Moodle
- The second will be a learning log of workshop and practical activities undertaken across the module due two weeks after the end of the delivery to allow time for consolidation of learning.
Fees & funding