CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing
- Duration 1YR
- Institution Code G53
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
The Chartered Institute of Marketing Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing has been developed following extensive global employer-led research including small businesses, international organisations and numerous marketers across a range of marketing and business functions.
Key course features
- As part of the course, you will become a student member of The Chartered Institute of Marketing, which offers a number of benefits; some of which include The Catalyst magazine, access to a wealth of online information and practical insight webinars, invitations to local marketing and networking events, free legal advice and career development support.
- Course notes and assessments are available through the web so you can also study from home or at work.
- You will receive high standards of tuition and support.
- The staff in the School of Business have links with the region’s business community, and enjoy good working relationships with professional bodies.
What you will study
- Digital Optimisation: This module will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the strategic implications of developments in the digital environment, as well as their impact on marketing. This will enable you to integrate and optimise digital marketing as well as develop strategic responses to change.
- The Digital Customer Experience: This module provides you with insights into the digital customer experience and highlights ways to adapt to this changing market, allowing you to fulfil customers’ strategic needs. It will provide the knowledge and skills to select appropriate channels to market to meet objectives. It will also help to ensure you provide the desired customer experience, by understanding the customer's journey while complying with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Marketing and Digital Strategy: This module will enable you to take both a traditional and digital strategic approach to marketing planning, integrating digital strategy, models, frameworks and techniques throughout to achieve competitive advantage.
To achieve the qualification, a pass in all THREE mandatory modules is required.
The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Entry requirements & applying
One or more of the following is required to gain entry onto this qualification:
- CIM Level 4 Professional Certificate in Marketing or CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing
- any relevant Level 4 qualification
- Foundation Degree in Business with Marketing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised university, with at least one-third of credits coming from marketing content (i.e. 120 credits in Bachelor's degrees or 60 credits with Master's degrees)
- Professional practice (suggested two years marketing in an operational role) and diagnostic assessment onto Level 6
However, evidence of achieving one of the following English Language qualifications within the last two years is also required if English is not the student’s first language: IELTS Academic Module with an overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above) or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above is required. CIM will consider other equivalent alternatives.
For general admission enquiries, please contact our admissions team on 01978 293 439 or email email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
Teaching is typically evenings 6pm – 9pm in Wrexham, with assignment workshops and tutorials available separately. Your tutor is on hand to guide you through your research and support with feedback on the assignment before submission. Modules are assessed by assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
Achieving a professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, an internationally recognised professional marketing institution demonstrates best practice in a rapidly changing field. On completion of this qualification and as a member of CIM (optional) candidates can work towards achieving Chartered Marketer status.
CIM students come from a wide variety of business backgrounds such as public sector, telecommunications, agriculture, leisure, tourism, food, transport, manufacturing and financial services. Some are currently studying for degrees or postgraduate awards but recognise the competitive edge a professional qualification gives them.
Others may be thinking about or just starting a career in sales or marketing and do not have any formal qualifications, but want to gain the marketing skills that will help them achieve their professional development goals.
The Careers and Employability team at Wrexham Glyndŵr University are there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
Fees & funding
Students can opt to study one, two or three modules. The modular fee is £650 per module. Full qualification is £1700 per student.
If studied as a standalone, an individual award can be achieved. These will be titled as follows:
Digital Strategy = CIM Level 6 Award in Digital Strategy
Driving Digital Experience = CIM Level 6 Award in Driving Digital Experience
Mastering Digital Channels = CIM Level 6 Award in Managing Digital Channels
Fees are inclusive of all formal tuition and support. The above fees do not include CIM membership or assessment fees. These are as follows:
- Annual registration fee - £65
- Total assessment fees - £555 (£435**)
*Figures based on successful completion at first attempt; this price does not include the fee for any resits required.
**Discount available to members who reside in countries listed as eligible for an International reduced rate.