(Short Course) Confident Learner
- Duration 5 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence as you take the next step in undergraduate education - whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at university or thinking about taking a professional or part-time course.
Key course features
- Research and find information from a range of sources
- Prepare for a higher level of study
- Improve and enhance your I.T skills
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential
"I’m really enjoying myself and I am feeling so much more relaxed about everything now. The lessons are really informative and the big confusing "referencing" worries are really starting to go away. I can’t recommend the course enough. I already feel like I have settled into uni life, regardless of the fact I only start in September."
– Helen Anderson, Confident Learner student, joined BA Hons Business (with foundation year)
What you will study
By the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Locate, evaluate and use information from a variety of sources
- Demonstrate the need for clarity and coherence in the presentation of views
- Adopt appropriate styles of academic writing and presentation at HE level
- Identify appropriate conventions for citing and referencing sources
Entry requirements & applying
This course is for anyone who:
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4
- Is starting University in September (regardless of University)
- Is thinking about starting a part time or professional course but is not 100% sure due to low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but needs to increase their entry grades
Teaching & Assessment
Assessment One (Coursework 50%): During the module, students will produce a portfolio that demonstrates their competence in locating, evaluating and using information from a variety of courses. They will be expected to write two short pieces of work (750 words) which enables them to present their views in a clear and coherent way, in line with academic conventions.
Assessment Two (Online Quiz MCQ 50%): Students will undertake an online MCQ quiz in order to demonstrate their skills in using appropriate conventions for citing and referencing sources.
Fees & funding
A bursary is available to apply for to students who wish to undertake this course. Please complete this form to determine your eligibility: click here.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 20th February 2023
- Monday 24th April 2023
- Monday 5th June 2023
- Monday 17th April 2023
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course, register your interest.
The course is delivered over 5 weeks. Lectures are pre-recorded, meaning you can access the material at a day and time to suit you throughout the week. There are no live lectures to attend.
Please note: Individuals only need to book the course once, the different courses refer to different start dates and they all have the same content.