(Short Course) Confident Numeracy
- Duration 6 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence in using maths… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at university or thinking about taking a professional or part-time course.
Key course features
- Prepare for subjects with mathematical content
- Build confidence in using mathematics to solve problems
- Development understanding in key mathematical skills
- Understand and develop applied problem solving
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential
What you will study
- Basic arithmetic operations
- Calculators (How to use)
- Factors and prime numbers
- Exponentials and Logarithms
- Ratios and percentages
Entry requirements & applying
This course is for anyone who:
- Wants to develop their confidence in handling mathematical skills
- Is starting University in September (regardless of University)
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4 of university study
- Is thinking about starting a part-time or professional course but is not 100% sure due to current low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but needs to increase their entry grades
To book visit the online shop.
Teaching & Assessment
- Assessment one: Online Quiz (10% weighting)
- Assessment two: Portfolio (90% Weighting)
Fees & funding
Course 1: This course will start week commencing the 1st November 2021 and will run for 6 weeks.
Course 2: This course will start week commencing the 31st January 2022 and will run for 6 weeks.
Course 3: This course will start week commencing the 25th April 2022 and will run for 6 weeks.
Course 4: This course will start week commencing the 4th July 2022 and will run for 6 weeks.
You will need to log in weekly to access the course content and undergo your studies.
*Please Note* Individuals only need to book the course once, the different courses refer to different start dates and they all have the same content.