(Short Course) Developing Social Prescribing
- Duration 6 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Policy and legislation in Wales has increasingly recognised the need for and value of linking individuals with non-medical sources of support within the community to promote and improve health and wellbeing. This is at the heart of social prescribing.
Key course features
- Designed for people with some experience of social prescribing who would like to develop their career in this area or who are looking to improve or develop the service that they work in.
- The course will foster a deeper understanding of the contextual, theoretical and applied aspects of social prescribing, from the early stages of community engagement to evaluating the success of programmes.
- Taught through a series of interactive workshops, which will include the delivery of lecture slides, class discussions and group work.
- Supported by guided independent reading and tasks, as well as individual tutorials as appropriate and the provision of online materials via the virtual learning environment.
What you will study
- An introduction to medical and social models of health
- Political and legislative landscape for social prescribing
- Models of social prescribing
- Community engagement
- Identifying the assets in the community
- Social prescribing activities
- Evaluating social prescribing schemes
- The journey from assessing need to evaluating success
Entry requirements & applying
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date.
Teaching & Assessment
At the end of the module students will demonstrate what they have learned through a social prescribing case study.
Fees & funding
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form below to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form
17th April 2023 - 6 weeks
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course, register your interest