English Language Programmes for Professionals
- Duration 1-4 Weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
The English language has become the 'lingua franca' in many different industries across the world. Our English language programmes have been developed especially to help working professionals upgrade their English as quickly and efficiently as possible, to communicate with clients, break into new markets and compete on the international job market.
- Our courses are an effective way for participants to improve their English in a short period of time.
- Students will get an insight into UK culture through studying on our vibrant Wrexham campus, and the chance to participate in a fun social programme of events, featuring visits to local businesses and excursions to nearby places of interest.
- Students will be given excellent support from our lecturers and access to modern, up-to-date learning facilities; including our virtual learning environment (Moodle) and language laboratory (Melissi).
Key course features
- Courses are delivered on a full-time basis (25 hours/week) normally in small groups of between 1-15.
- Lessons are conducted in group seminars, and students will also be able to arrange private one-to-one tuition sessions with their lecturers.
- Duration of the course may vary, ranging from 1-4 weeks depending on the requirements of the student.
- All of the learning resources will be provided by the course organisers, and students will have the opportunity to attend guided self-study sessions in our well-equipped language laboratory.
What you will study
- Our courses will aim to help you to improve each of the four main components of language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. Focus is placed on developing your vocabulary and grammar skills, and you will have the chance to practice conversing in English through performing professional scenarios with your fellow course students.
- To help you to get the most out of the course, you will be provided with your own personalised needs analysis and learning plan, as well as receive regular reports on your progress. If there is a particular component of your English language ability which you would like to build on, then our experienced course lecturers will give you the help which you need to achieve your desired standard.
Entry requirements & applying
If you would like to apply for this course, you can fill out our direct application form here.
Teaching & Assessment
At the end of the course, students will be required to take an assessment to test their English language ability. Upon successful completion, they will receive a certificate of participation and transcript as appropriate.
Fees & funding
By the end of the course, students will have vastly improved their English language ability, giving them the confidence to navigate the international jobs market.
Students are provided with on-campus accommodation, or are allocated to university housing a short distance from the main campus. All university accommodation is single en-suite (private toilet and shower), and students will normally share a fully equipped kitchen designed for up to 6 people. Wrexham Village on the main Wrexham campus is in close proximity to the library and other on-site learning facilities, as well as being a short distance away from Wrexham town centre itself. Wi-fi access is available across the entire campus and accommodation blocks are given 24-hour security protection.
For more information on the accommodation available at Wrexham Glyndŵr University, please visit our accommodation page, or contact our friendly accommodation team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01978 293344.
If you are applying as an European / International Student, and live outside of the UK, you should make your application through our online application system, Centurus.
For information about the university’s entry requirements for EU/international students, please visit our international section.