(Short Course) French A1
- Duration 12 weeks
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
Learning a new language can open many doors. Whether you're looking to enhance your career prospects or immerse yourself in French culture when you travel, learning the language is a great choice.
Key course features
- No previous knowledge of the language is required.
- Gain a foundational knowledge of the French language.
- Practice your speaking and listening skills.
What you will study
This class is aimed at students who have no previous knowledge of the language
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Communicate and exchange information in a simple way.
- Demonstrate an understanding and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases, introduce themselves and ask and answer questions about personal information such as where someone lives, what someone does for a living etc.
Entry requirements & applying
There are no entry requirements for this course; just an interest in the subject!
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
The assessment consists of the tasks listed below:
- conversation skills: using 3 short role-plays of everyday nature and free discussion
- writing skills: a short text, for example, a postcard or a letter
- reading skills: read and understand a short text and answer questions in English
- listening skills: listen to audio material and answer questions about the material in English
Fees & funding
£150 for non-Wrexham Glyndŵr University students and staff
£50 for Wrexham Glyndŵr University students and staff
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.