(Short Course) Fundamentals of Football Nutrition
- Duration 3 months
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
The course provides an introduction to football nutrition and the fuelling required to maximise player performance and recovery while reducing the risk of injuries.
Key course features
- Study online at your own pace.
- Learn about the importance of nutrition for training, recovery & injury management.
What you will study
The following units will be covered:
• Unit 1: Welcome and Introduction
• Unit 2: Energy balance & body composition: basics of football physiology
• Unit 3: Understanding Macro & Micro-nutrients
• Unit 4: Vitamins and minerals and their role in in the dietary plan
• Unit 5: Football health & wellness (vitamins, minerals)
• Unit 6: Fluid balance & football specific hydration
• Unit 7: Thermoregulation in physical demands of soccer
• Unit 8: Training, Match & Recovery Fuelling – Football Nutrition to Perform
• Unit 9: Glycaemic Index and Carbohydrate Response
• Unit 10: Maximising nutrition through injury
• Unit 11: The role of nutrition for the female soccer player
• Unit 12: An introduction to nutritional supplementation and ergogenic aids
Entry requirements & applying
To book, visit our online shop.
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
The assessment will be in the form of a multiple choice questionnaire and students will need to achieve 80% or higher to pass.
Fees & funding
This course starts on June 27th 2022