(Short Course) Future Leaders
- Duration 16 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
Our Future Leaders short course is the ultimate guide to successful leadership, cultivating confidence and strengthening the skills needed to lead.
Whether you’re just starting out in your professional career or you want to access the next rung of the ladder, this course offers an invaluable insight into what good leadership looks like and will support you in developing your leadership style and brand.
Key course features
This course will draw on both academic concepts and own experiences to consider areas such as:
- Definitions of leadership
- Leadership styles
- Performance management
- Organisation structures
In addition, the course will encourage candidates to self-reflect on such topics as
- Personal brand
- Different communication styles
- The ability to reflect on our actions and experiences
- Continued professional development (CPD)
What you will study
The course is broken down into 9 different sessions, to include one assessed session. The materials are introduced in live virtual workshops, with the opportunity for further study after each session. The sessions will run in the dates outlined below;
1. Introductory Session and Leadership Styles - 21/04/2023 from 9:00 until 13:00
2. Leadership Philosophies and Motivation - 03/05/2023 from 9:00 until 13:00
3. Coaching - 12/05/2023 from 11:00 until 13:00
4. Performance Management and Influencing - 19/05/2023 from 9:00 until 13:00
5. Organisation Structures and Governance - 02/06/2023 from 11:00 until 13:00
6. Change, Resilience and CPD - 16/06/2023 from 9:00 until 13:00
7. Group Assessment - 30/06/2023 from 12:00 until 14:00
8. Reflective Practice and Communication Styles - 05/07/2023 from 9:00 until 13:00
9. Personal Brand and Close Out Session - 19/07/2023 from 9:00 until 13:00
Entry requirements & applying
There are no entry requirements for this course; just an interest in the subject!
To book onto the course, please visit the online store.
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching & Assessment
The course consists of 4 assessed assignments which must be completed in order to receive the credits for the programme. These have been designed to reinforce learning and to help you develop as a professional in your chosen field and will include the following:
Fees & funding
£150 standard fee / £100 for WGU staff
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
21st April 2023