(Short Course) Improving Productivity & Profitability
- Duration 8 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This course is designed to support those involved in business management and leadership. You will benefit from peer networking with fellow professionals and collective learning.
Key course features
- Gain an understanding of the factors that impact on productivity and profitability.
- Uncover methods to grow and improve your organisation.
What you will study
The content for the course will be delivered over the course of 8 weeks and will broadly address the following:
- Introduction to Improving Productivity and Profitability
- Uncovering and managing costs from suppliers, finance, premises and production
- Reviewing what the organisation sells and at what price
- Increasing profitability by buying more effectively and cutting waste throughout the business
- Concentrating sales efforts to sell more to existing profitable customers and finding similar customers to sell to.
- Tool kits and techniques for expanding your market and developing new products and services
- Boosting productivity, cutting costs and remaining competitive
- Planning for change and growth to improve the profitability of the organisation
The delivery for the eight week short course will include:
- 1 x recorded lecture per week
- Supporting signposts to learning material on Moodle, such as links to videos (e.g. TED talks), a Moodle book if appropriate and further reading
- Material to support the delivery of 6 x Asynchronous tutorials
- Delivery of 2 x 2hr Dialogic forums
This course offers a blended learning approach which combines the convenience of e-learning with the discussion and interaction of classroom training. The in person group sessions held on the Glyndwr campus are interactive forum with all students participating and sharing their knowledge and experiences. These sessions are designed to provide uncompromising, impactful and innovative collective learning. Students are supported to discover new insights and think differently about how to tackle emerging and enduring challenges relating to Improving Productivity and Profitability.
Entry requirements & applying
To book your place, visit the online shop
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching & Assessment
Portfolio – Learning log and Journal
The assessment due date is 1st July 2022.
Fees & funding
This course starts 27th April 2022. The first mandatory live online session will take place on 29th April 2022 from 6pm until 8pm. The second mandatory live online session will take place on 8th June 2022 from 6pm until 8pm.