(Short Course) Introduction to Business Management
- Duration 4 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
This short course will help you understand and develop some of the key skills needed to become an effective business leader and will give you an understanding of the difference between good management and effective leadership. Developing leadership and management skills are key to remaining productive and motivating yourself and your team.
Key course features
- The course is delivered online for your flexibility, log in to the content as and when suits you and get interactive on the weekly forums.
- Assessments are made as part of online discussions so there are no formal essays or assignments.
What you will study
Week 1 Introduction (3 hours contact time)
- Log in to the lecture all about to learn about Organisational Structure and Functions of management.
- Discover this week’s reading – ‘Organisational Structure’ and take the online quiz.
- Watch this week’s video all about the function of management and get interactive on the forum to discuss your views.
- Engage in the interactive key learning point for this week and respond on the forum.
Week 2 We are all different (3 hours contact time)
- Log in to the lecture all about the The Skills and characteristics of a manager.
- Find out more about how tour personality influences your management style and get interactive on the forum to research.
- Read this week’s article and watch the clip – respond to the forum and this week’s talking points.
Week 3 Emotional Intelligence (3 hours contact time)
- Log in to the lecture - World Economic Forum future skills, and Emotional Intelligence for managers.
- Undertake your action points for the week.
- Read the latest case study and get thinking about how this applies to you.
- Watch the clip all about leadership and respond to the online forum.
Week 4 – Manager vs Leaders (3 hours contact time)
- Log in to the lecture – all about the differences between leadership and management.
- Read the article and answer the questions.
- Listen to the posted podcast and respond on the forum.
Entry requirements & applying
This short course requires that the student can allocate 3 hours per week to their study, but there is no requirement to be online at a specific time.
Teaching & Assessment
Assessment included in the interactive discussions and forum engagement.
Fees & funding
Course 1: 3rd October 2022
Course 2: 14th November 2022
Course 3: 3rd April 2023