(Short Course) Introduction to Photography & Photoshop
- Duration 9 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This is a short course offering an affordable and enjoyable introduction to digital photography and post-production processes. This course is useful if you have a good digital camera and are looking to explore the creative potential of its functions and recognise the benefits of this complex and adaptable piece of equipment.
Key course features
- Gain 10 HE credits on completion of the course.
- Work with a variety of lighting conditions to understand their effect upon an image.
- Sessions delivered at our Regent Street and Plas coch campuses (both are quite close to each other).
What you will study
This course will introduce you to some of the principal functions of your camera and how to over-ride automatic and semi-automatic programmes that many cameras employ, to explore the creative potential of your exposures. The digital revolution has enabled old darkroom techniques to be replicated on the computer screen, and some more complex image manipulation to take place, and you will learn the basics of Adobe Photoshop software in post-production of your images, as you are challenged to use your photographic skills to express ideas and concepts
Entry requirements & applying
To book visit the online shop.
Teaching & Assessment
The portfolio of work accumulated during the short course can be presented for assessment providing 10 HE credits.
Fees & funding
This fee covers attendance and tutorage, including assessment and basic materials. Additional cost may be incurred if participants choose to work with non-standard materials or at high volume or large format.
This 9-week short course will run on Tuesday evenings from 6pm – 8pm in the following blocks across the year:
- Tuesday 12th October 2021 - Tuesday 7th December 2021
- Tuesday 1st February 2022 - Tuesday 29th March 2022
- Tuesday 26th April 2022 - Tuesday 21st June 2022
- Tuesday 5th July 2022 - Tuesday 30th August 2022