(Short Course) Introduction to Arts in Health
- Duration 9 Weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
This short course is aimed at giving students an overview into the use of art in health work. It is ideal for artists or healthcare professionals interested in studying for a Masters in Arts in Health, or those wishing to work with the arts in healthcare settings.
Key course features
- Learn about the broad range of creative approaches to arts in health work, taking place locally and nationally.
- Recieve an overview of historical and contemporary health and wellbeing agendas, social determinants of health and the contexts and settings in which arts and health practices exist.
- Gain the practice skills artists need to run an arts in health project and get advice on how to work in a safe and ethical environment.
What you will study
- The course will introduce you to the contexts and settings in which arts and health practices exist. This will involve an introduction to the practical and professional skills needed to gain an understanding on how to run arts projects in healthcare settings.
- The course will be taught entirely online over a period of 9 weeks, and content will include a range of delivery methods including presentations, group exercises and reflective practices.
- By the end of the course, you should have a good understanding of how to develop a simple project plan, write a straightforward work schedule and introduce assessment techniques to evaluate a project.
Entry requirements & applying
The course counts as a Level 5 qualification consisting of 10 credit modules, so a certificate or diploma in higher education is required for applicants. We welcome interest from anyone who can demonstrate a commitment to the subject and the potential to complete the module.
Teaching & Assessment
Students will produce a portfolio of work to provide evidence of their understanding of the skills artists need to work in a safe and ethical arts in health environment.
Fees & funding
The standard fee for this course is £95, but there are 5 FREE places available for Theatr Clwyd staff.