(Short Course) Introduction to Bid Writing
- Duration 10 weeks
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
This module aims to give students an introduction to the process of identifying sources of funding, ensuring their organisation or project is funding-ready, and writing and preparing successful funding bids. This is a much-needed skill in today’s economic climate for many projects and organisations within the youth, community and care sectors.
- The course will provide you with the skills to submit successful funding bids, as well as an opportunity to develop your knowledge for your own continuing professional development.
- You will benefit from being taught by module leaders with successful experience of winning both small and large scale funding bids, as well as sitting on the panels that make the final decision.
Key course features
- The course is delivered online, with a blend of learning activities released on a weekly basis and opportunity for live online sessions.
- This allows for flexible study around your existing study or work commitments.
- The content on the course is applicable to other sectors and can be tailored to suit the needs of the student group.
What you will study
The course will cover topics such as:
- Where to find sources of funding
- The bid/no bid process
- What is organisational readiness?
- Becoming fit for funding
- Evidencing need
- The language of bid writing
- Skills required for successful bid writing
- Getting your budget right
- Identifiers of success
- Monitoring and evaluation
Entry requirements & applying
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. However, it would be beneficial to have experience of studying at Level 4 and above.
Experience of working in a youth, community or care practice environment currently, or in the past, would be desirable to assist with formative and summative assessment tasks.
Teaching & Assessment
Assessment for the module will take the form of:
- An analysis of the funding environment and opportunities in relation to the student’s professional area. (500 words submitted online) 20%
- An evaluation of an organisation’s readiness to apply for funding (case study 500 words submitted online) 20%
- Moodle online quiz on the language and terminology used in funding bids 10%
- A completed funding bid that demonstrates competent skills in the bid writing process (1500 words submitted online) 50%
Fees & funding
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.