(Short Course) Introduction to Business Sustainability
- Duration 8 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
Sustainability shouldn’t come at a cost- neither does this exciting short course! Delivered entirely online and free of charge, this course offers a flexible assessment strategy and accessible and wide-ranging teaching and learning strategies have been implemented to stimulate engagement.
Individuals across Wales and beyond are invited to participate in this free course led by the Organisation Development practitioner, FCIPD qualified HR professional and FHEA qualified lecturer Carrie Foster. Carrie’s expertise in the theory and the practice of behavioural science will undoubtedly inspire businesses in Wales and beyond to take action to lead sustainability in the present and future. Grasp the opportunity to listen to various inspiring guest speakers who will accompany Carrie in delivering this course. Varying from Sophie Howe, the Future Generations Commissioner for Wales to Sir David Henshaw, Chair of Natural Resources Wales, they will help shape your views on the principal elements of sustainability in business.
Businesses have a responsibility, in line with the Wellbeing of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 to face issues surrounding sustainability head on and revolutionise long term plans to secure a sustainable society for everyone.
Key course features
Focusing on the core elements of the 'Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015’, you will:
- Define sustainable business practice
- Describe the business models, benchmarks and certifications associated with sustainable business practice, and the advantages and disadvantages associated with each
- Identify clear actions to advance sustainable business practice through your own work or study
- Explore the issues surrounding sustainability, including the Living Wage, environmental harm and greenhouse emissions
- Study the 7 Well-being goals and 5 Ways of Working; initiatives that pave the way for ensuring sustainability in business.
What you will study
The course will be structured around the ‘7 Well-being Goals’ of the 'Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015’. Fully delivered online, the course includes varied components and teaching strategies to stimulate engagement.
The course will comprise of the following key components:
- An introduction to Sustainable Development Principles
- Weekly podcasts focusing on each of the ‘7 Well-Being’ goals, featuring guest speakers who are experts in their fields, including Sophie Howe (Future Generations Commissioner for Wales), David Henshaw (Chair of Natural Resource Wales) and many more
- Weekly asynchronous tutorials exploring the key themes of the course
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to Sustainable Development Principles
- Well-being Goal: Prosperous
- Well-being Goal: Resilient
- Well-being Goal: Healthier
- Well-being Goal: More Equal
- Well-being Goal: Cohesive Communities
- Well-being Goal: Vibrant Culture and Thriving Welsh Language
- Well-being Goal: Globally Responsible
Entry requirements & applying
There are no entry requirements for this course; just an interest in the subject!
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching & Assessment
This short course contains a flexible, interactive and manageable assessment strategy, designed to get the best out of you.
You will be required to complete an online discussion forum on each weekly topic. The forums will enable you to reflect and demonstrate your learning. Reflections on all topics will combine to form the final assignment, handed in at the end of the course.
Engagement with each aspect of the course delivery would amount to weekly engagement with the course content and material.
The assessment deadline is 27th July 2023 at 5pm.
Fees & funding
This course is starting 15th May 2023
The first live online session is 18th May 2023 from 6pm until 8pm.
The second live online session is 1st June 2023 from 6pm until 8pm.
The third live online session is 15th June 2023 from 6pm until 8pm.
The fourth live online session is 29th June 2023 from 6pm until 8pm.