(Short Course) Introduction to Climate Change
- Duration 6 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Are you concerned about the future of our planet? Ever wondered why more flooding and wildfires are reported on the news? This short course aims to provide a basic overview of the problems surrounding climate change, the causes and impact on the planet on which we live.
Key course features
- Cover the science behind global warming, its possible impact on people, the environment and nature and will also suggest possible solutions to tackling the problem.
- Address misinformation and conspiracy theories surrounding this subject as well as helping you to understand how we as humans can change our behaviours to minimise impact.
- Look into ways climate change can be practically fixed by reducing carbon emissions and dealing with the carbon already added to the atmosphere.
- Become more informed about the environment and help make a difference for the future!
What you will study
This course will cover the following topics:
- How did humanity create climate change? Our addiction to fossil fuel.
- The science behind climate change, climate change sceptics and their arguments.
- Consequences of a warming planet, a range of model predictions and its effects on humanity.
- Solutions to climate change, and the drivers preventing meaningful action.
- What is likely to practically solve climate change in the real world (Covering science, economic, political, and social aspects).
The course will be delivered over a 6-week block. 2 hours per week on campus (sessions will be recorded for students who are unable to attend or prefer to study at home). Students should spend time each week completing self-directed study.
Entry requirements & applying
Register your interest for future dates.
Teaching & Assessment
The assessment for the course will be in the form of an automated online multiple-choice quiz testing knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the module.
Fees & funding
General fee: £95
Free for WGU staff and students
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form below to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
Thursdays 6pm - 8pm - starting 30th March 2023