(Short Course) Introduction to Dietetic Practice
- Duration 10 weeks
- Location Online, Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This course is aimed at those considering studying, or who have an interest in expanding their knowledge of nutrition and dietetics. Attendees will be provided with an insight into the values and scope of the dietetic profession as part of a wider healthcare team.
What you will study
The course will be delivered over 10 weeks as follows:
- Week 1 - Professional Practice 1 - Introduction to the course contexts and settings (synchronous study)
- Week 2 - Professional Practice 2 – Values, behaviours and ethics (asynchronous study)
- Week 3 - The screening and assessment of nutritional status in healthcare settings (asynchronous study)
- Week 4 - The role of the dietitian (synchronous study)
- Week 5 - Nutrition and dietetics as a career (synchronous study)
- Week 6 - Summary and assessment 1 (synchronous study)
- Week 7 - Reflective and Learning Practice 1 – Models of reflection (asynchronous study)
- Week 8 - Reflective and Learning Practice 2 – Learning styles in the healthcare context (asynchronous study)
- Week 9 - Reflective and Learning Practice 3 – Employability skills in the healthcare context (asynchronous)
- Week 10 - Summary of module and assessment 2 (synchronous study)
Over the 10 week course, there will be 200 hours of learning in total. This includes 18 hours of direct learning and teaching (asynchronous and synchronous), 18 hours of other active learning activities and 164 hours of independent learning.
Teaching & Assessment
There are two assessment dates:
- Assessment 1 is 27th October 2021 (week 6)
- Assessment 2 is 24th November 2021 (week 10)
Students are expected to reach 40% on assessments.
Fees & funding
This course starts September 22nd 2021 and will run for 10 weeks, finishing on November 24th 2021. The sessions for this course run every Wednesday from 7pm until 9pm.