(Short Course) Introduction to Drone Technology & Operations
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Are you looking to build your confidence as a Drone operator or do you have an avid interest in Drone technology? If so this introductory short course may be the right fit for you.
Key course features
- Gain knowledge of drone operations, historical development and current applications.
- Gain knowledge of drone technology at a conceptual and working level.
- Experience the skills required to operate a drone.
- The course will be taught with lectures, laboratory sessions and simulated flight exercises.
What you will study
- Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) system Technology: The anatomy of a drone. Types of drone; fixed wing and multi-rotor designs. Aerodynamics. Power storage and Propulsion systems. Control technology. Flight Controllers. GPS. Internal Navigation Systems.
- Drone Operations: Mission planning and Risk Assessment for safe drone operation. UK Airspace operating principles. Airmanship and aviation safety. Navigation and charts. Simulated drone flying exercises.
- Historical Context: Timeline of drone use. Civil and military historical applications. Current applications and potential future uses.
Entry requirements & applying
To book your place, visit the online shop.
Teaching & Assessment
- Assessment 1: An on-line 40 question, multi-choice quiz covering all aspects of the syllabus.
- Assessment 2: A simulated flight exercise.
Fees & funding
£250 (£195 for current Wrexham Glyndŵr University students)