(Short Course) Introduction to Graphic Design
- Duration 9 Weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Are you interested in learning about the ins and outs of graphic design? In this short course at Wrexham Glyndŵr University, you will be given an introduction in the basic concepts of graphic design, as well as learn how to use creative software packages like the Adobe Creative Suite.
Key course features
- Ideal for anyone who is interested in learning the basic concepts of graphic design.
- Study the fundamentals of colour, typography, and layout.
- Learn the ins and outs of the Adobe Creative Suite and how to produce beautiful pieces of work such as adverts, logos and posters.
What you will study
The course will take place over a period of approximately 9 weeks on our Plas Coch Campus, with a different topic covered for each week:
• Week 1 – Introduction – Research into styles and format
• Week 2 – Concept Sketching and Layout Skills – Sketching Practice and Text Blocking
• Week 3 – Typography – Introduction to Illustrator
• Week 4 – Iconography – Illustrator Drawing
• Week 5 – Advertising and Poster Design Introduction - Introduction to InDesign
• Week 6 – Colour theory – InDesign Layout
• Week 7 – Logo Design Introduction – Design a Logo
• Week 8 – Editorial design introduction – Design a Spread
• Week 9 – Presentation (final project in the form of a logo, editorial piece or poster brief)
Entry requirements & applying
If you would like to apply for this course, please book online via our online store.
Teaching & Assessment
- Students will produce their own final project in the form of either a logo, editorial piece or poster brief. This will demonstrate their understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite and how to devise an effective graphic design strategy.
Fees & funding
Full Price: £150
This course is running 3 times this academic year:
Course 1: 1st February 2022
Course 2: 26th April 2022
Course 3: 5th July 2022