(Short Course) Introduction to Massage Techniques
- Duration 12 weeks
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
This course provides students with an understanding of both theory and practically on the use and benefits of massage. The course also enables students to practice safely on self/friends and family.
Key course features
- Study a different aspect of massage techniques each week
- Gain practical experience
- Study online and on-campus
What you will study
- Session 1 is onsite and will cover Introduction to Clinical Environment and Anatomy
- Session 2 is onsite and will cover Introduction to Clinical Environment and Anatomy
- Session 3 is onsite and will cover Massage Techniques / Self Massage
- Session 4 is onsite and will cover Massage Techniques / Self Massage
- Session 5 is online and will cover Introduction to Carrier Oils
- Session 6 is onsite and will cover Positioning of patient/modesty /communication
- Session 7 to 11 are all onsite as they are the practical sessions
- Session 12 will be the onsite examination and practical and theory assessments
Both onsite and online sessions are 3 hours.
Teaching & Assessment
Examination, practical and theory assessments
Fees & funding