(Short Course) Introduction to Podcasting
- Duration 9 weeks
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
Interested in learning more about podcasts and how to create your own? If you have opinions to share on particular topics or events and want to get your voice heard, join this course to find out more about the process of setting up a podcast, the technology and skills involved and have a go at creating your own.
Key course features
- Practical sessions
- Learn the digital processes and key skills involved in creating a podcast
- Gain experience of using a podcast studio and location-based recording
- Develop your technical competence in recording, editing and mixing.
What you will study
- Audio Manipulation
- Deliverables and Platforms
- Editing Techniques
- Mastering Techniques
- Microphone Operation & Techniques
- Mixing Consoles and techniques
- Promos, Bumpers and Stings
- Studio Essentials
- Structuring Your Podcast
Entry requirements & applying
To book onto this course, please visit the online store.
Teaching & Assessment
This course will be delivered through a blend of online lectures, a series of interactive classes and practical technical sessions in a podcasting studio.
Practical sessions will take place on Wednesdays from 4pm – 6pm in our Centre for Creative Industries Building.
There will also be self-learning exercises for you to complete approximately 2 hours of study per week.
Assessment: The assessment for this course will be to produce a portfolio of recordings suitable for podcasting combining various recording and editing techniques to demonstrate an understanding of the recording and production process.
Fees & funding
25th May 2022