(Short Course) Introduction to Printmaking
- Duration 9 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This evening class offers an affordable and enjoyable introduction to some of the principal techniques of studio printmaking.
- Class sizes are small to allow good access to staff and facilities.
- After a demonstration of a printing technique and an induction to safe handling of materials and equipment, you will be encouraged to explore your ideas for generating images.
- This course is suitable for those with little or no experience in printmaking.
What you will study
This course will introduce you to some of the processes of printmaking at the School of Creative Arts, Wrexham Glyndŵr University. Participants will learn intaglio and relief printmaking, monoprint, woodcut, collagraph, drypoint and linocut. You will be guided to produce your own individual design ideas using experimental methods guided by demonstrations of print in practice.
Entry requirements & applying
To book this course, please visit the online store.
Teaching & Assessment
The portfolio of work accumulated during the short course can be presented for assessment providing 10 HE credits.
Fees & funding
This fee covers attendance and tutorage, including assessment and basic materials. Additional costs may be incurred if participants choose to work with non-standard materials or at high volume or large format.
This 9-week short course will run on Thursday evenings from 6:30pm – 8:30pm in the following blocks across the year:
- Thursday 3rd February 2022 - Thursday 31st March 2022
- Thursday 28th April 2022 - Thursday 30th June (no class 2nd June 2022 due to Bank Holiday)
- Thursday 7th July 2022 - Thursday 1st September 2022