(Short Course) Introduction to Speaking in Public
- Duration 4 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
Glossophobia, or the fear of public speaking, is one of the most common phobias felt by people all over the planet. However, public speaking is ultimately the backbone of any successful exchange. Without the ability to speak clearly and confidently in front of an audience, you won’t communicate your ideas and opinions as effectively.
Key course features
The ability to speak confidently in public (and enjoy it!) can be transformative. In this introductory course, we explore the 'key pillars' that lie behind effective public speaking and provide practical tools and techniques that will allow you to stand up in front of a crowd - and do yourself and your ideas justice.
On completing this course, you will:
- Understand the core components that lie behind an effective presentation
- Be able to identify the simple tools and techniques that can make your presentations easier to deliver, and more effective
- Tackle your public speaking nightmares with practical solutions
What you will study
The course is delivered online and is self-directed. It comprises:
- Live weekly seminars: where you will explore, discuss, and reflect on, the key themes of the course.
- Daily podcasts: with public speaking experts sharing their advice and experiences.
- Daily challenges: inviting you to put theory into practice by completing simple tasks.
- Recommended reading: a broad range of articles, case studies and media clips relating to all aspects of public speaking.
- 'Ask Me Anything' Sessions: where students can book in for a 1:1 with the course tutor.
- A discussion forum: where students can exchange ideas with one another.
Entry requirements & applying
There are no entry requirements for this course; just an interest in the subject!
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
The assessed element of the course is a recorded presentation, where you will present your personal action plan for building and applying your public speaking skills in the future.
Fees & funding
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
6th March 2023