(Short Course) Introduction to Sport, Exercise and Health
- Duration 9 days
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
This course aims to introduce students to the sport and exercise sciences. The course will educate students on a variety of topics that encompass the sport and exercise sciences disciplines (psychology, biomechanics, performance analysis, physiology, nutrition, sport injury and rehabilitation, health and physical activity and coaching).
What you will study
- Introduction to sport, exercise and health.
- Inactivity crisis.
- How exercise physiology is used for clinical populations.
- Introduction to sport and exercise psychology.
- How interventions are used to support athletes.
- Biomechanics- knowing how we move to improve performance.
- Tactical analysis and reporting within a Rugby Union setting.
- The ups and downs of football management.
- Tactical trends within football.
- Strength and conditioning: training for sport and exercise.
- Introduction to sport injury and rehabilitation.
- Preparing for competition, a graduate sport rehabilitator perspective.
- Growth and maturation considerations in football player development.
- Using specific sports as drivers for increasing physical activity (walking football).
- Introduction to nutrition for sport and exercise.
- Ergogenic aids in sport: the good, the bad and the ugly.
Entry requirements & applying
To book onto this course, please visit the online store.
Teaching & Assessment
Students will deliver a presentation (pre-recorded not live) and will then partake in a 5 minute Q & A session (live).
Fees & funding