(Short Course) Introduction to Walking Football
- Duration 6 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Walking football is simply football without running! Playing the game at a more feasible pace eliminates barriers and provides greater accessibility to the sport. It is available to participants who wish to continue to engage in football, but who may have previously been forced to stop playing the game they love due to age, injury etc.
The popularity of the sport is ever-increasing and this short course looks to provide individuals with further guidance with regards to facilitating walking football sessions for various social groups.
Key course features
- Blended approach with 10 hours of online learning and 1 full day of face-to-face learning
- Help to engage people with football from a wide range of ages and ability
- Learn how to facilitate walking football sessions
What you will study
- Purpose and Benefits of Walking Football
- Rules and Regulations
- Different Population Groups
- Engaging the Community
- Injury Risks
- Injury Screening Tests and Re-Tests
- Session Design
- Warm Up and Cool Down Techniques
- Technical and Tactical Output
- Analysis of Different Performance Indicators
Entry requirements & applying
To book, visit the online store.
Teaching & Assessment
A portfolio will provide evidence of the student’s journey on the course. Within the pre-constructed portfolio, there will be several task sheets pertaining to the online asynchronous content of the module. The student will be required to complete the portfolio tasks to evidence their engagement in the module.
The student will also complete an oral assessment. In Part 1, the students will be required to design a 45 minute walking football session for a specific demographic within society. The session will be comprised of the following sections:
- Warm Up
- Technical Practice
- Cool Down
In Part 2, the student will present/discuss the session with the module leader and engage in 10 minutes of questions pertaining to the session.
Fees & funding
28th March 2022