(Short Course) Introduction to Welsh History
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This course will provide an introduction to the main cultural, political and social turning points in Welsh history. Learn about key events in history through the practical exploration and investigation of historical sources. You will develop the ability to locate and use evidence and hone your skills in imagining and reconstructing the past.
Key course features
- Explore Wales' history from Celtic tradition and the Welsh language to key cultural turning points.
- Learn through a combination of short lectures and workshops to encourage analysis of source material.
- Gain 10 HE credits on completion of the course.
What you will study
- Locating Wales in time and place
- From Celtic tradition to Victorian culture: creating a timeline of people and places
- The Importance of the Welsh Language
- Cultural Turning points
- Wales in the Modern Age
Entry requirements & applying
To book visit the online shop.
This course is subject to minimum participants and payments will be returned in full if the course does not recruit the minimum cohort.
Teaching & Assessment
The course will be delivered through tutor-led active learning sessions. These will be a combination of short lectures followed by workshops to encourage analysis of source material. Tutorial sessions will be held to assist students in the presentation and completion of the portfolio.
Fees & funding
This 9 week short course will be delivered through a blend of on-campus sessions and online learning on Wednesday evenings from 6pm – 8pm in the following blocks across the year:
- Wednesday 2nd February 2022 - Wednesday 30th March 2022
- Wednesday 27th April 2022 - Wednesday 22nd June 2022
- Wednesday 6th July 2022 - Wednesday 31st August 2022