(Short Course) IT Fundamentals
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
This short course aims to fulfil the requirements to provide students with the IT skills needed in both graduate work and in future employment. It equips students with the skills needed to build confidence and improve their IT abilities effectively using MS Office.
Key course features
- Study online for free.
- Build your IT skills either personally or professionally.
- Gain confidence in using MS office applications.
What you will study
- ICT Fundamentals & File Management (MS Windows) – helps the student in basic computer housekeeping skills, and provides an essential understanding of how to use a computer in a safe and secure manner.
- Word Processing (MS Word) – helps the student to use a range of basic word processing tools to produce appropriate, straightforward and routine documents.
- Presentations (MS PowerPoint) – provide the skills to use a range of basic presentation tools. Students will be able to create appropriate presentations, and slide shows.
- Spreadsheets (MS Excel) – enables students to use a range of basic spreadsheet tools to produce appropriate spreadsheets.
- Internet/Communication – helps the student to understand how to use the Internet and email in a safe and secure way.
Entry requirements & applying
Bookings for the course will close a week prior to the course start date.
Teaching & Assessment
There are two points of assessment;
- Assessment one: Coursework (80% weighting)
- Assessment two: Online quiz (20% Weighting)
Fees & funding
Course 2: This course will start week commencing the 31st January 2022.
Course 3: This course will start week commencing the 25th April 2022.
Course 4: This course will start week commencing the 4th July 2022.
You will need to log in weekly to access the course content and undergo your studies.
*Please Note* Individuals only need to book the course once, the different courses refer to different start dates and they all have the same content.