(Short Course) Italian
- Duration 12 weeks
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
With 65 million speakers worldwide Italian has official status in Italy, Malta, San Marino, The Vatican and Switzerland. Whether you're looking to enhance your career prospects or immerse yourself in Italian culture when you travel, it a great language to learn.
Key course features
- No previous knowledge of the language is required.
- Gain a foundational knowledge of the Italian language.
- Practice your speaking and listening skills.
What you will study
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Communicate and exchange information in a simple way.
- Demonstrate an understanding and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases,
- Introduce themselves and ask and answer questions about personal information such as where someone lives, what someone does for a living etc.
Entry requirements & applying
There are no entry requirements for this course; just an interest in the subject!
To book onto this course, please visit the online store.
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
The assessment consists of the tasks listed below:
• conversation skills: using 3 short role-plays of everyday nature and free discussion
• writing skills: a short text, for example, a postcard or a letter
• reading skills: read and understand a short text and answer questions in English
• listening skills: listen to audio material and answer questions about the material in English
Fees & funding
£150 public fee
£50 for Wrexham Glyndwr University students and staff
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
This course starts on 9 May 2023. The face-to-face sessions at WGU will run every Tuesday between 5pm and 7pm. The remote online sessions will run every Thursday between 5pm and 6pm.