(Short Course) Jewellery
- Duration 9 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Want to learn the skills to make your own Silver jewellery? This class will guide you through the craft of designing and producing beautiful bespoke pieces from cutting and forming metal, adding textures and decorative features and how to make simple earrings and bangles through to a final project of making your very own stone set ring.
Key course features
- Design and create your own silver jewellery.
- Learn in our Regent Street Art School workshops.
- Gain 10 HE credits on completion of the course.
What you will study
This course will introduce you to the process of designing and making your own jewellery, including generating design ideas, forming, shaping and texturing metals, and also simple stone setting. You will be guided to produce your own individual design ideas using experimental methods guided by demonstrations.
Entry requirements & applying
This course is subject to minimum participants and payments will be returned in full if the course does not recruit the minimum cohort.
Teaching & Assessment
The portfolio of work accumulated during the short course can be presented for assessment providing 10 HE credits.
Fees & funding
This fee covers attendance and tutorage, including assessment and basic materials. Additional cost may be incurred if participants choose to work with non-standard materials or at high volume or large format.
Future start dates:
- Tuesday January 31 2023 - 6pm - 8pm (beginners)
- February 1 2023 - 6pm - 8pm (intermediate)
- Tuesday April 18 2023 - 6pm-8pm (beginners)
- Wednesday April 19 2023 - 6pm-8pm (intermediate)
- Tuesday June 27 2023 - TBC
- Wednesday June 28 2023 - TBC