(Short Course) Life Drawing
- Duration 9 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This course takes life drawing back to its fundamental theories focusing on how the body is constructed both in its individual parts and as whole. Students will develop the ability to capture the human from in a variety of media, learning to manipulate the medium appropriate to the subject matter as well as studying the theories of image making.
Key course features
- Be introduced to a different technical principle of life drawing and learn to apply this within their drawings of the model each week.
- Fine Art theories are included across the course to allow for both technique and theory to develop in unison.
- Take part in discussion at the beginning of each session.
- Develop your skills with practical exercises.
What you will study
- A range of technical life drawing principles that will focus on individual components of the body and the body as a whole.
- How to manipulate their chosen medium in a manner appropriate to the subject.
- Critical analysis of their work and others to inform their practice.
Teaching & Assessment
Students will be assessed in their final week, producing a final piece of work accompanying an oral assessment of their progression and use of their acquired knowledge within their practical piece. The assessment will be on a pass and fail basis.
Fees & funding
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form below to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
31st January 2023
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course, register your interest.