(Short Course) Managing HR in Business
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This course is designed to offer students a real insight into the world of Human Resource Management (HRM) and its relevance in today’s business. It is an ideal course for those who wish to know more about HRM before pursuing it as a means of longer-term study.
Key course features
- Develop your understanding of HRM and its important strategic role in the development and overall management and deployment of an organisation’s human capital.
- This course delves into areas such as organisation and job design, recruitment and selection, contractual and psychological relationships, training and development, health and wellbeing & employee reward to gain a real taste of what life would be like as a HR professional.
- A great route to further study on our BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management.
What you will study
- The historical background and nature of the HRM function
- Theories and concepts of HRM in the workplace
- Understanding the employment relationship
- Leadership and management
- Recruitment and selection
- Employee development and performance
- Workplace culture and motivating factors
- Employment legislation
- Knowledge of Equality and Diversity in the workplace
Entry requirements & applying
For more information, contact Emma Taylor, Lecturer in HRM and Module Lead email@example.com.
Teaching & Assessment
Assessments are via a range of methods, all of which are designed to be business-related and learning-outcome driven.
Fees & funding
This includes the fees for the course only. Any books or other learning materials students wish to purchase will be at their own cost. The University library has access to relevant learning materials. Students are not required to be a member of the CIPD to undertake this course.
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.