(Short Course) Mandarin
- Duration 12 weeks
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
Learning a new language can open many doors. Whether you're looking to enhance your career prospects or immerse yourself in Chinese culture when you travel, learning the language is a great choice.
Key course features
- Gain a foundational knowledge of Mandarin.
- Practice your speaking and listening skills.
- No prior knowledge of Mandarin is required.
What you will study
This class is aimed at students who have no previous knowledge of the language.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Communicate and exchange information in a simple way.
- Demonstrate an understanding and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases
- Introduce themselves and ask and answer questions about personal information such as where someone lives, what someone does for a living etc.
Entry requirements & applying
There are no entry requirements for this course; just an interest in the subject!
To book onto this course, please visit the online store.
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
The assessment consists of the tasks listed below:
• conversation skills: using 3 short role-plays of everyday nature and free discussion
• writing skills: a short text, for example, a postcard or a letter
• reading skills: read and understand a short text and answer questions in English
• listening skills: listen to audio material and answer questions about the material in English
Fees & funding
£150 for non-Wrexham Glyndwr University students and staff
£50 for Wrexham Glyndwr University students and staff
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
This course starts on 30 January 2023. The face-to-face sessions at WGU will run every Monday between 5pm and 7pm. The remote online sessions will run every Thursday between 5pm and 6pm.