(Short Course) Oil Painting
- Duration 8 weeks
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This course takes oil painting back to the very basics focusing in the early weeks on the fundamental skills of painting such as mixing colours, surfaces & brush choice.
Key course features
- Be introduced to a different technical principles of oil painting and learn to apply this within your still life painting each week.
- Discover the theoretical aspects of Fine Art practice.
- Collaborative practice is encouraged to promote a group dynamic as well as weekly homework tasks that will be discussed at the beginning of the class.
What you will study
A Fine Art theory will be included to allow for both technique and theory to develop in unison. There will be a time of discussion at the beginning to allow for group bonding and sharing of the previous weeks' homework. This will be followed by practical exercises and more detailed skill sessions in theory.
Students will be introduced to the following:
- A range of technical painting principles including but not limited to colour mixing, surfaces, application and brush technique.
- How to manipulate the medium in a manner appropriate to the subject.
- Critical analysis of their work and others to inform their practice.
Entry requirements & applying
Booking is subject to numbers. There is a maximum of 8 places for this course.
Teaching & Assessment
Students will be assessed in their final week, producing a final piece of work accompanying an oral assessment of their progression and use of their acquired knowledge within their practical piece. The assessment will be on a pass and fail basis.
Fees & funding
This fee covers attendance and tutorage, including assessment and basic materials. Additional costs may be incurred if participants choose to work with non-standard materials or at high volume or large format.