(Short Course) Performance Management
- Duration 4 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
Understanding the strategic use of performance management to promote and improve employee effectiveness is a key skill in an era where organisations are undergoing big, complex changes in a business environment where so much of what was certain in terms of business models, market forces and required talent capabilities have been rendered obsolete.
Key course features
- This course offers a structured approach to support individuals as they and their organisations traverse the current challenges to enable an organisation to unleash its power and performance by unleashing the full potential of its individual employees.
- Students will learn skills to review, assess, debrief and develop employees.
- Students will increase their capability to deliver effective team management, and provide their organisation with the tools and techniques required to respond more effectively to facilitate high levels of employee effectiveness.
What you will study
This course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Performance Management
- Valuing people through performance management processes
- The practice of performance management
- How to have difficult conversations and tackle poor performance
Undertaking this course will require:
- 16 hours of Scheduled Learning and Teach Hours
- 2 hours of Practical classes
- 82 hours of Guided Independent Study
Teaching & Assessment
Students will be required to complete an online discussion forum on each weekly topic. The forums will enable students to reflect and demonstrate their learning. Ongoing learning log and students reflections on discussions for the different topics each week will combine to form the assessment. The minimum expectation for the total word count is 2,000 words. The assignment is due on 29th April 2022.
Fees & funding
This course starts 21st March 2022 and will run until 18th April 2022. There will be an optional on campus induction for this course on 16th March 2022 from 6pm until 8pm. The mandatory online live session will take place 23rd March 2022 from 6pm until 8pm.