(Short Course) Practice Educator Accreditation Course
- Duration 2 days
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
This course is designed to prepare you for your role of being a practice educator, taking pre-registration occupational therapy/physiotherapy students on placement. The aim is to enable you to develop, analyse and evaluate your teaching, assessment and supervision skills.
Key course features
- Benefit from a blended learning approach.
- Develop your teaching and supervision skills.
- Aid continuing professional development (CPD) contributing towards CPD evidence for regulatory bodies.
What you will study
- Identifying key learning outcomes required by accrediting body
- Explaining the role of practice education and key attributes of an educator
- Self-reflection including dealing with challenging situations
- Theories of adult and professional learning
- Facilitating and Planning Learning
- Student Learning resources, supervision, assessment and evaluation
- Application of theory to practice
Entry requirements & applying
- You must be working in an area that can accommodate a relevant student
- Completed Level 6 study.
- You must have clarification from your line manager that you are able to attend
To book, please visit the online store.
Teaching & Assessment
- Reflecting on your experience of facilitating learning with a Glyndwr student since beginning the course
- Poster presentation or
- Power point Presentation or
Will aid continuing professional development (CPD) for the student, contributing towards CPD evidence for regulatory bodies.
Fees & funding