(Short Course) Preparing for Academic Success
- Duration 4 Days
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
Prepare to undertake level 6 and 7 studies with this short course. Develop critical thinking skills while becoming an autonomous learner and enhance your confidence in your ability to study.
Key course features
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Become an autonomous learner.
- Enhance your confidence in your ability to study.
- Gain 20 credits at level 6 on completion.
What you will study
This is a part time stand-alone module is a 20 credit module at level 6, aimed at students wishing to return or progress to higher level study. The contact time with tutors and access to Higher Education resources lends itself to increased confidence in writing at Level 6 or beyond. You will study:
- Study skills (academic writing)
- Harvard Referencing
- Using the library
- Using Moodle
- Database searching (Athens)
- Electronic resources.
- Reflection & reflective models
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- Approaches to critiquing research studies
- Self-awareness & emotional intelligence (motivation to study)
- Presentation skills
- Time management
Teaching & Assessment
The assessment (3500-word essay) asks the student to undertake a critical review of contemporary evidence on a narrow topic within their professional/academic field. This requires the student to access and evaluate salient literature and to apply this to their specialism. Demonstration of academic writing skills and presentation of the assignment will all be assessed.
Fees & funding
Do you live in Wales? We have a number of funding opportunities available, please complete the form below to find out if you are eligible to study this course for free. Apply now via this form.
A bursary is available to apply for to students who wish to undertake this course. Please complete this form to determine your eligibility.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 26th June 2023 – 29th June 2023 (4 days)