(Short Course) Printmaking at Home
- Duration 4 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
Looking for things to fill your time? Are you interested in trying a new craft at home and exploring your creative side? Why not try your hand at printmaking and get a head start on designing your own cards, prints for fabric etc.
Key course features
- Study online in your own time.
- Receive a starter pack of basic equipment for your studies.
- Create a portfolio of your own print designs.
What you will study
This course will introduce and utilise four different techniques including:
- Monotype and monoprinting
- Serigraph (stencil) printing
- Drypoint intaglio
- Relief printing
Each method will involve an introduction to the technical process, a brief exploration of historic and contemporary practices and a video with accompanying technical sheet.
1 week will be spent on each technique and you will be sent a starter pack of basic equipment when you book onto the course.
Entry requirements & applying
To book visit the online shop.
This course is subject to minimum participants and payments will be returned in full if the course does not recruit the minimum cohort.
Teaching & Assessment
Throughout the course you will create an individual portfolio of work to demonstrate your understanding of the techniques you have learnt and display examples of the practical work you have carried out.
The format of the portfolio is up to you and can take a number of different formats for example videos, photographs, drawings or a Powerpoint presentation and must also include evidence of the following:
- The ability to utilise at least three home printmaking competencies using rudimentary tools accessible to you.
- Proficiency in delivering suitable outcomes.
- An evaluation of your successes and failings.
Fees & funding
This 4-week short course will run online on Thursday evenings from 5 - 6pm in the following blocks across the year:
- Course 2: This course will start on Thursday 3rd February 2021 and will run for four weeks.
- Course 3: This course will start on Thursday 28th April 2022 and will run for four weeks.
- Course 4: This course will start on Thursday 7th July 2022 and will run for four weeks.
*Please Note* Individuals only need to book the course once, the different courses refer to different start dates and they all have the same content.