(Short Course) Resilience for Health
- Duration 6 weeks
- Location Online
Why choose this course?
How we deal with stress factors will ultimately make a positive difference to individuals and organisations. This module reflects the need to use a balanced blend of mindfulness and resilience techniques to help you manage change, reduce stress and anxiety and improve working life, to the benefit of both employees and employers.
Key course features
- Practice responding rather than reacting to stressors and chronic pain through the distinction between primary and secondary experience.
- Practice meditation as movement.
- Practice kindness and compassion towards self and others.
- Work with pain or difficult thoughts and emotions with compassion and acceptance.
What you will study
- What mindfulness is to increase awareness of direct sensory experience (especially through the body) and to understand how this awareness can help to reduce stress, anxiety, depression and chronic pain.
- Perceptual and conceptual modes of mind, and to experience more choices regarding thoughts.
- Negativity bias and related neuroscience; and the three major emotion systems.
- The importance of taking breaks and finding pleasure in life.
Entry requirements & applying
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
An online quiz and the production of a personal lifestyle plan.
Fees & funding