(Short Course) Sports Coaching PE & School Sport
- Duration 1 week
- Location Wrexham
Why choose this course?
Have you ever considered coaching within a school setting? This short course will introduce you to a number of roles in providing Physical Education and School Sport (PESS).
The course will develop your knowledge and skills to be able to support the delivery of PE and sports activities in a school sport environment. While it is delivered through the medium of PESS, the skills may be used by learners aspiring to work in other sporting roles, such as coaching.
Key course features
The team pride themselves on offering innovative and creative teaching strategies which take advantage of new technologies and approaches, which are designed to give you the key skills for success when you complete your qualification. We work closely with a wide range of businesses and agencies to continue to develop additional opportunities for each of our learners at all stages of this course.
What you will study
- Understanding key legislation related to Physical Education and school sport
- Principles of teaching Physical Education and coaching
- Principles of Safe Practice in Physical Education and School Sport
- Principles of Child Development Through Movement
- Explore the importance of structuring safe practice
- Preparing for Physical Education and School Sport
- Lead Physical Education and School Sport Activities
- Promotion of lifelong health and well-being
- Introduction to physical literacy
In addition to this, students will have 1 full day of face-to-face practical learning.
Entry requirements & applying
Please visit the online store to book your place.
The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching & Assessment
Each student will create a portfolio which will provide evidence of their knowledge in relation to the sports environment and will focus on issues relating to professional competencies and reflective practice. In addition to this, each student will conduct a 20 minute micro-teach to showcase their knowledge in the application of supporting learning in Physical Education and School Sport.
Fees & funding
This course starts on 27th June 2022 and takes place over the course of 5 days, with 10 hours of online learning and 8 hours of face-to-face learning.