(Short Course) Using performance analysis in sport
- Duration 7 weeks
- Location Blended Learning
Why choose this course?
This module provides students with the knowledge to integrate performance analysis within their teams. It will give students the opportunity to develop skills that will provide invaluable within their organisations but is also transferable to alternative sporting environments through the use of industry standard software applications and processes.
Key course features
- Learn more about performance analysis and how it can help create effective training.
- The module incorporates 5 hours of face-to-face teaching, 7 hours of directed tasks, 9 hours of video tutorials and project supervision and 3 hours for online assessment.
What you will study
- Introduction to Performance Analysis
- Outlining Your Current Environment
- Illustrating Applied Performance Analysis
- Collecting and Moving Data (Using Technology)
- Constructing Your Needs Analysis
- Introduction to the Co-Actives of Performance
- Introduction to Hudl Sportscode and Nacsport Scout+
- Designing Your Own Code Window
- Developing Your Timeline: Coding the Game
- Creating Organisers and Sorting Information.
- Designing Your Output Window / Dashboard
- Creating Ad-Hoc Networks
- Prioritising Information for Live Analysis Feedback
- Validity & Reliability of Collected Data
Entry requirements & applying
If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact email@example.com
Teaching & Assessment
The assessment for this module is project based. The student will be provided with a scenario and game footage. Students will demonstrate their ability to create a performance analysis system and code a game based on their system design. They will be expected to critically analyse the performance, and based on the analysis, provide appropriate feedback mechanisms to inform the coach. A duration of 3 hours has been allocated for completion of the project.
Fees & funding