BA (Hons) Business & Management (with Industrial Placement)
- UCAS CodeBMIP
- Year of entry 2022
- Duration 4 YRS (INDUSTRIAL PLACEMENT)
- UCAS Tariff 80-112
- Institution Code G53
- Location Wrexham
of the Business Graduates Association with access to a range of benefits including consultative services and the BGA eLearning hub
93.1% of graduates
of this course are in paid work or study*
a Level 5 CMI Diploma in leadership & management upon graduation
Why choose this course?
Our BA (Hons) in Business & Management prepares students for the challenges of the modern business world and strengthens and develops their broader personal and professional skills.
- Gain a broad insight into the world of business and management from academics and industry professionals with a wealth of experience.
- Study modules designed with an emphasis on international, contemporary and practical business issues to ensure graduates are ready for the job market.
- Acquire the knowledge and abilities not only to become an effective business manager but also the entrepreneurialism to develop their own business.
- Gain an understanding of management, business operations, corporate strategy, business law and human resources.
- Undertake a work placement to gain practical work experience.
- Upon graduating also achieve a Level 5 Diploma/Certificate in Leadership & Management from the Chartered Management Institute worth over £1,300 at no extra cost.
- Study a course where 93.1% of graduates are in paid work or study 15 months after graduating* * WGU analysis of unpublished data.
You can also choose to study this course with an industrial placement year, UCAS Code: TBC.
Key course features
- The Business School has excellent links with professional bodies and business experts who enhance our teaching with guest lectures.
- Work placement opportunities are available to all of our students who demonstrate a good standard of engagement and professionalism during their studies.
- All students gain first-hand experience of applying their knowledge as they work with real businesses on relevant projects.
- This degree is accredited by the CMI, all our graduating students will also receive a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management from the CMI worth over £1,300 at no additional expense.
- 93.1% of graduates of this course are in paid work or study* *graduates surveyed 15 months graduating, WGU analysis of unpublished data.
What you will study
At Level 4, students will take several introductory topics in management & business, finance, HRM, marketing and analytics. As students progress onto Level 5 and 6, they will gain an understanding of customer service, digital business, agile leadership, managing corporate risk, strategy and international human resources, as well as having an option to take an industrial placement that will significantly enhance your CV and employment prospects. A dissertation is embedded in the final part of their studies to give all our students the ability to develop their research skills.
YEAR 1 (LEVEL 4)
- Introduction to Management & Business
- Introduction to Business Finance & Accounting
- Human Resource Management in Context
- Marketing Essentials
- Business Communication Skills
- Business Analytics
YEAR 2 (LEVEL 5)
- Sustainable Planning and Development
- International Business and Trade
- Managing Corporate Risk and Crime
- Digital Business Strategy
- Customer Service Excellence
- Agile Leadership
- Optional Industrial Placement year
YEAR 3 (INDUSTRIAL PLACEMENT)
YEAR 4 (LEVEL 6)
- Strategic Marketing
- Strategic Management
- International HRM
- Employment Law
The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Entry requirements & applying
The academic requirements for the course are 80-112 UCAS tariff points at GCE A-level or equivalent, from a minimum of two A levels and GCSE Mathematics and English/Welsh (First Language) at Grade C/4 or equivalent. Appropriate AS-Level and Level 3 Key Skills qualifications will also be taken into account.
Teaching & Assessment
Students are assessed in a variety of ways over the course of their undergraduate studies. The balance between the different forms of assessment is determined by the different aims and learning outcomes of the core and option modules. Assessment methods include academic essays, presentations, reports, simulation exercises and examinations.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
Teaching methods include workshop-based core skills modules, lectures by practitioners, student-led seminars and guided research.
Independent learning is an important aspect of all modules, as it enables students to develop both their subject specific and key skills. Independent learning is promoted through the feedback given to students, which takes several forms including small group and one-to-one discussions.
Wrexham Glyndŵr University is committed to supporting our students to maximise their academic potential.
We offer workshops and support sessions in areas such as academic writing, effective note-making and preparing for assignments. Students can book appointments with academic skills tutors dedicated to helping them deal with the practicalities of university work. Our student support section has more information on the help available.
In terms of particular needs, the University’s Inclusion Services can provide appropriate guidance and support should any students require reasonable adjustments to be made because of a recognised prevailing disability, medical condition, or specific learning difference.
Our Careers & Employability service is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
Business careers are available in pretty much every sector you can think of; all industries need strong leaders, managers, financial advisors and market-savvy decision-makers. For many of our Business & Management graduates however, the traditional pathways still hold a strong appeal – including careers in the banking and financial sectors, consultancy, human resources and marketing roles.
Fees & funding
You do not have to pay your tuition fees upfront.
Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s tuition fees for 2022/23 for a full-time undergraduate degree course are £9000 per year.
The fees you pay and the support available will depend on a number of different factors. Full information can be found on our fees & finance pages. You will also find information about what your fees include in the FAQs.
Subject to validation
Courses shown as “subject to validation” are new courses which are in development and the details of these courses are in the process of being finalised through the approval cycle, known as the ‘validation’ process. As soon as the programmes are validated the details of the course will be confirmed. The majority of new courses that are still ‘subject to validation’ are approved by the validation process; however, this is not guaranteed and should the course not go ahead as planned, or be significantly amended, you will be informed by the university and assistance will be provided to those who have been offered a place to find a suitable alternative course either at Wrexham Glyndwr University or at another provider.
If you are applying as an European / International Student, and live outside of the UK, you should make your application through our online application system, Centurus.
For information about the university’s entry requirements for EU/international students, please visit our international section.