BA (Hons) Marketing & Business (with Foundation Year)
- UCAS Code239N
- Year of entry 2022
- Duration 4 YRS (FT)
- UCAS Tariff 48-72
- Institution Code G53
- Location Wrexham
of the Business Graduates Association with access to a range of benefits including consultative services and the BGA eLearning hub
by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
an optional level 4 CIM certificate in digital marketing* and a level 5 CMI diploma in leadership and management upon graduation
Why choose this course?
Our BA (Hons) in Marketing and Business prepares students for the challenges of the modern business world and strengthens and develops their broader personal and professional skills.
- Discover how and why do we choose the things that we buy and what influences people when they choose goods or services.
- Explore the latest scientific thinking in areas including consumer behaviour, decision-making and advertising.
Work-based learning is embedded into the programme, meaning that all graduates will be equipped with knowledge and skills to meet current and future market needs and be ‘work ready’.
Key course features
- Includes a foundation year to prepare you for further study.
- Explores the latest scientific thinking in areas including consumer behaviour, decision-making and digital marketing.
- Involves work-based learning so that all graduates will be equipped with knowledge and skills to meet current and future market needs and be work-ready.
- Includes practical experience with an optional industrial placement in business to solve a genuine industry problem.
- Enjoy the North Wales Business School’s excellent links with a range of commercial research organisations that have worked with some of the largest brands in the world, including Tesco, Unilever, and Cadbury’s.
- Hear guest lectures delivered by a range of practitioners, allowing you the opportunity to develop your network of contacts.
What you will study
YEAR 1 (FOUNDATION YEAR)
- Fundamentals of HRM
- The Skills You Need
- Fundamentals of Business
- Introduction to Marketing
- Contextual Studies
- Fundamentals of Finance
YEAR 2 (LEVEL 4)
- Introduction to Management & Business
- Introduction to Business Finance & Accounting
- Understanding Human Resource Management
- Marketing Essentials
- Business Communication Skills
- Business Analytics
YEAR 3 (LEVEL 5)
- Planning Marketing Campaigns
- Digital Business Strategy
- Agile Leadership
- International Business and Trade
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Digital Marketing Techniques
YEAR 4 (LEVEL 6)
- Digital Marketing Optimisation
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Managing People in an International Context
- International Supply Chain Management
The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Entry requirements & applying
The academic requirements for the course are 48-72 UCAS tariff points at GCE A-level or equivalent, from a minimum of two A levels and GCSE Mathematics and English/Welsh (First Language) at Grade C/4 or equivalent. Appropriate AS-Level and Level 3 Key Skills qualifications will also be taken into account.
Teaching & Assessment
Students are assessed in a variety of ways over the course of their undergraduate studies. The balance between the different forms of assessment is determined by the different aims and learning outcomes of the core and option modules. Assessment methods include academic essays, presentations, reports, simulation exercises and examinations.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
Teaching methods include workshop-based core skills modules, lectures by practitioners, student-led seminars and guided research.
Independent learning is an important aspect of all modules, as it enables students to develop both their subject specific and key skills. Independent learning is promoted through the feedback given to students, which takes several forms including small group and one-to-one discussions.
Wrexham Glyndŵr University is committed to supporting our students to maximise their academic potential.
We offer workshops and support sessions in areas such as academic writing, effective note-making and preparing for assignments. Students can book appointments with academic skills tutors dedicated to helping deal with the practicalities of university work. Our student support section has more information on the help available.
In terms of particular needs, the University’s Inclusion Services can provide appropriate guidance and support should any students require reasonable adjustments to be made because of a recognised prevailing disability, medical condition, or specific learning difference.
Our Careers & Employability service is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
Marketing offers an extensive job market for qualified graduates who can think strategically, create relevancy and deliver measurable results. Possible careers include - Advertising Account Executive, Advertising Art Director, Digital Marketer, Market Researcher, Media Buyer, Social Media Manager, Social Media Manager.
Fees & funding
You do not have to pay your tuition fees upfront.
Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s tuition fees for 2022/23 for a full-time undergraduate degree course are £9000 per year.
The fees you pay and the support available will depend on a number of different factors. Full information can be found on our fees & finance pages. You will also find information about what your fees include in the FAQs.
If you are applying as an European / International Student, and live outside of the UK, you should make your application through our online application system, Centurus.
For information about the university’s entry requirements for EU/international students, please visit our international section.