Before you apply
You can check if you meet the academic entry requirements for your chosen course by visiting your country page. If your country is not listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
In most cases you will require a visa to study in the UK.
We advise international students to apply as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application and to give you plenty of time to apply for your visa and make your travel and accommodation arrangements.
Students who require a Student visa should be aware of the following important dates:
• Out-of-country CAS cut-off date - Friday 20th August 2021
• In-country CAS cut-off date - Friday 27th August 2021 (applicants must have at least 30 days remaining on their visa at the time of assigning a CAS)
• Course start date - Monday 27th September 2021
If you are an international student who requires a Student visa, your application should be made via Centurus. You will need to fill in your details, upload any documents relevant to your application and confirm your student declaration.
If you are applying for a research degree, such as MPhil or PhD, you should click here.
The documents that need to be uploaded are:
- A scanned copy of your passport (including personal details page).
- Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far.
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts where the document is not in English or Welsh.
- An acceptable English language certificate.
- Copy of Tuberculosis screening if you are a resident in any of the countries listed. More information about Tuberculosis screening can be found here.
- 2 x academic reference letters (further references might be required).
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements.
- Evidence of work experience (where relevant).
If you have previously studied in the UK, you are also required to provide the extra documents listed below:
- A scanned copy of the passport page showing entry clearance in to the UK and return overseas.
- Copies of any UK visas you have previously held.
- Copies of Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) documents / visa letters for all previous studies undertaken in the UK.
- Copies of any visa / ATAS refusal letters (if applicable).
- Copies of any visa / ATAS appeal or administrative review letters (if applicable).
- Evidence of any removal / deportation / detention notices (if applicable).
For more information about the UKVI requirements, please read the Student visa guidance on UK Government website here.
Please note, once an application has been submitted all correspondence to and from Wrexham Glyndŵr University should be made via the notes section on Centurus.
Once you have submitted your application:
- On successful completion of these checks and providing you meet all the academic and English language entry requirements, a conditional offer will be made.
- Once you’ve successfully fulfilled the conditions of your offer, Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s Immigration Compliance team will be in contact with you to arrange a compliance interview.
- If your compliance interview is successful and the course fees have been paid, the Immigration Compliance team will then issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter.
- When you have received your CAS letter, you will then be able to apply for a Student Visa.
For more information contact email@example.com.