Dr Deepanwita Datta
Dr. Deepanwita Datta is currently a Lecturer of Computer Science at Wrexham Glyndwr University. She holds a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering, from Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), India. Her areas of expertise include Data Analytics, Data Science, Image Retrieval and Machine Learning with special focus on Information Retrieval and Text Analysis. With more than seven years of experience in academia her skill set includes professional-level data engineering and data management. Previously she was working as a Research Fellow (Data Mining & AI) at University of the West of England, Bristol. There she was involved in an Innovate UK project where her goal was to develop machine learning models for cost and budget prediction for partners like Network Rail, Highways England, Transport for London (TfL) among others. She was a part of another (under consideration) EPSRC proposal but changed her job before the results came through. She has been conferred the prestigious ERCIM-Alain Bensoussan Fellowship for postdoctoral research at NTNU, Norway. She has also been a visiting scientist at VTT, Finland.
D. in Computer Science and Engineering
Master of Technology in Information Technology
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Big Data Challenges and Opportunities for Business Analytics.
- Datta, Deepanwita, Shubham Varma, Ravindranath Chowdary C., Sanjay K. Singh, ``Multimodal Retrieval using Mutual Information based Textual Query Reformulation'', Expert Systems with Applications, Volume 68, February 2017, Pages 81-92, ISSN 0957-4174
- Datta, Deepanwita, Sanjay K. Singh, and C. Ravindranath Chowdary. ``Bridging the gap: effect of text query reformulation in multimodal retrieval.'' Multimedia Tools and Applications 76.21 (2017): 22871-22888
- Datta, H. Mittal and S. K. Singh, ``Seeing the bigger picture: A novel statistical approach for enhancing image annotation by employing community detection,'' 2017 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), Banff, AB, 2017, pp. 1173-1178
- Datta, M. Chakraborty, and A. Biswas. ``Your Click Matters: Enhancing Click-Based Image Retrieval Performance through Collaborative Filtering.'' In Proceedings of the 4th Edition of the Swiss Text Analytics Conference, SwissText 2019, Winterthur, Switzerland, June 18-19, 2019, Vol. 2458. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, 2019
- Datta, P. S. Nakhate, S. K. Singh and C. R. Chowdary, ``Why Stop There?: A Novel Hill Climbing Based Approach Towards Multimodal Classification,'' 2017 IEEE/ACS 14th International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA), Hammamet, Tunisia, 2017, pp. 835-839
Find me at: